What is the Permanent People's Tribunal or PPT?
- The Permanent People's Tribunal (PPT) is an international opinion tribunal founded in 1979, in Italy based on a "Universal Declaration of the Rights of Peoples".
- It looks into complaints of human rights abuses submitted by the communities facing the abuses.
- It uses the rigorous conventional court format.
- It issues indictment, names relevant laws and document findings.
- While its verdicts are not legally binding, these can set precedent for future legal actions against, in this case, agrochemical corporations.